Energy Strategy Development
A Strategic Plan for Energy Management is the key guidance document that affirms the client’s commitment to reducing utility expenses over the long-term. Beyond this stated goal, the plan provides powerful guidance to energy efforts by including the following elements:
- It must be tailored to the client’s mission, culture, and financial posture.
- It must demonstrate executive sponsorship and support.
- It must address how best to purchase utilities of all kinds in all areas.
- It must address how best to eliminate energy waste throughout the corporation.
- It must include measurable long-term goals that reflect the needs of the business.
- The strategy must acknowledge the human, time, and financial resource needs.
- To be clear, the best people to assemble a comprehensive energy strategy for the firm already work there. They have context, institutional knowledge, financial acumen, and technical understanding of the business. BMA’s role is that of informed facilitator.
Typical Scope of Services:
- Initial discussions with corporate leadership about their executive commitment to reducing this expense line, i.e. is the savings opportunity worth the investment necessary to optimize it?
- Identification of key staff who will assemble the plan, and exchange of background information prior to the planning session.
- Facilitation of strategic planning session, including asking questions, identifying areas of additional opportunity, and ensuring that the plan is complete.
- BMA’s deliverable will be a summary of notes from the strategic planning session, for the client’s use in preparing a draft plan. Following review by client and BMA, the final plan will be ready to present company-wide.
- This task can occur over a 3-month period, and fees can be negotiated to suit the client’s needs, either on an hourly or daily basis.
Energy Conservation Program Development