- The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) is in the midst of a groundbreaking project to understand and value the electric grid of the future, one that is integrated with distributed energy resources. A summary report is available at http://www.epri.com/Our-Work/Pages/Integrated-Grid.aspx
- The epitome of breakthrough innovative thinking can be enjoyed in a video featuring Julie and Scott Brousaw. The Federal Highway Administration has funded two of their pilot projects, and the video "Solar Freakin' Roadways" is a must-see!
- In a recent issue of EnergyBiz magazine, author Tim Probert explores the strained relations between utility companies and consumers in Europe and America, and highlights opportunities for improvement. His article is located at "Customer Dislike for Utilities is Universal, but Can Change."
- In another recent EnergyBiz article, former Duke Energy CEO Jim Rogers makes the business case for investing in the coming profound change coming to the utility sector. His article is located at "Explosive Storage Growth Ahead."
- “Major New U.S. Energy Find Could Offset Nearly a Quarter of Nation's Power Use.” The full report by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy is available online at www.aceee.org/research-report/e125.
- Is 80% Renewable Energy by 2050 Feasible? The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has issued a series of studies, and the visioning report is available at NREL: Energy Analysis - Renewable Electricity Futures Study .
- Power Across Texas in a non-partisan learning center that attempts to provide balanced information and analysis of critical energy issues. Their website is www.poweracrosstexas.org.